Tuesday, July 15, 2008

wisdom, cabled hat.

i am learning some important life lessons as i knit. like this hat. cables are something that i have always just assumed would be really hard and not worth the effort of trying. major intimadation factor. but i just got some guts, tried them out and you know what? they were so unbelievably easy! i'm proud of this hat, for the fact that i took a chance in doing something i wasn't comfortable with, and in my opinion it turned out great. it even fits my head. so i've gained a little confidence and learned this lesson: don't say you can't do something until you've actually put out the effort to try it. and when we go for the things that scare us the most we can become better stronger people (and knitters).

4 comments:

Lessa...... said...

I just love that hat!!! It's gorgeous!

Tito and The Gang said...

So awesome Jaime.

SuzeeZee said...

Jaime - I'm so proud of you! We can all learn a good lesson from you! And as I have been taught-- it's only a craft! :-)

Your hat is so totally awesome. WOW-I can't wait to see your socks!

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful hats! You are so talented!1
Allison