Tuesday, November 25, 2008

recent knitting #2

this is my norweigan star hat. my first project using 2 different colors of yarn (this is called 'fair isle' knitting, i learned). it was fun to do and i am pretty pleased with my first attempt at fair isle work. it did take me several weeks to complete this hat though. it takes some serious concentration to follow the chart of the snowflake pattern.



unfortunately this hat turned out hugemungous!!! even though i followed the child size pattern, it is actually too big even for myself. bummer. i guess this is why it is important to figure out your guage before you start a project. i am too lazy to do that.

oh well. its still pretty cute, in an oversized hat on a little kid kind of way. and it does keep her head warm. so i guess not all is lost.



No comments: